Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Burbs!

Ben's latest phrase is: "Oh! Hear dem."
He says it about everything he hears: the door closing, the radio, my squeaky rocking chair, the baby crying, everything.


And every phrase now starts with "Oh!" - "Oh Mommy, Ben hungry", "Oh, Otis barking!" "Oh, whoopie!" (My personal favorite) It is a little word, said with such excitement, in a sweet little tone you can't help but smile.


Today the rain stopped just enough we could go outside for a walk.

Ben kept stopping, pointing and saying, "Oh, Mommy! Hear dem?"

It took me a minute to realize he was hearing birds squawking.


As one flew by I pointed out (with tears in my eyes) and said, "Those are birds. You hear the birds!"

His response: "Oh Mommy! Hear dem burbs!"

and again: "Oh! Burbs!"
.
"Oh! More burbs!"
.
.
I think Addilyn heard dem burbs too!

6 comments:

Kimberlyn Totten said...

Oh my Goodness...this post made me laugh, cry and smile. Such precious pictures and what a beautiful moment to share in hearing the sound of dem burbs!

Maddy said...

Man, they sure are adorable!!!! I love the burbs! We have beads at our house! I love little Addy's smile!

Anonymous said...

Now we need to get Ben seeds for the burb feeder. XXOO G and G

Anonymous said...

OH, how sweet! Oh they have grown so much, would love to see them! Aunt Joy

tammy said...

love it!

btrfly202002 said...

She looks exactly like you in that picture.